Schmidt Livestock Ltd Student Feedlot Tour
Three Hills School Junior High Students Participate in an Interactive Ag Education Opportunity with
Calhoun Cattle Company
Acme School Career Connections
Back Row: Braeden Fox, Tristen Morris, Brannon Piepke, Cathy Price
Middle Row: Kelsey Uittenbogerd, Edan Wade, Madison Fox
Front Row: Kaitlin Phillips, Gabrielle Wade
The 2016 Alberta Beef Industry Conference thanks the students from Acme School for presenting to Conference delegates and sharing how they are engaged in agricultural and discovering meaningful pathways into this diverse industry through Acme School’s flourishing education model: Career Connections. This is an education success story of offering an effective, student-centred, community based model of education in rural Alberta.
Never sell yourself short.
Many young people’s resumes would pale in comparison to this level of experience and knowledge:
Links to Post Secondary Agriculture Programs
- Alberta Agriculture and Forestry: Green Certificate Program
- College of Agriculture and Bioresources – University of Saskatchewan
- Faculty of Agriculture, Life and Environmental Sciences (ALES) – University of Alberta
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine – University of Calgary
- Grande Prairie Regional College
- Grande Prairie Regional College in Fairview (GRPC in Fairview)
- Keyano College in Ft. McMurray
- Lakeland College in Vermillion
- Lethbridge College
- Medicine Hat College
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT)
- Olds College
- Red Deer College
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT Polytechnic)
- Western College of Veterinary Medicine – University of Saskatchewan
Launched by Canadian Agriculture Human Resources Council (CAHRC) in 2009, agritalent.ca is the first national database of agricultural training programs in Canada.
This unique directory is updated regularly and links people to Canadian educational institutions and training providers that offer learning opportunities in agriculture.
Visitors to the website may search by:
- subject of training
- duration of training
- type of training provider
- method of training
- key word
The database contains more than 1,000 programs and courses, provided by more than 250 training providers from across Canada.