Creating the opportunity for the world to enjoy high quality Canadian beef.
The Alberta Cattle Feeders’ Association is the voice of cattle feeders in the province of Alberta. We address feedlot, market, trade, and competitive issues and provide a forum for policy development. Through an open and transparent process, the ACFA welcomes the bridging of partnerships to move the industry forward.
Cattle feeders know change is a constant in their industry. Change is part of the vitality of the business and ACFA is dedicated to the growth of the cattle feeding sector and the future of the beef cattle industry.
Alberta cattle feeders excel in their profession through the following industry management practices:
- Feeding cattle with a focus on animal health, nutrition, and well being
- Being flexible and feeding for specific markets
- Procuring a variety of weights and classes of cattle and thereby supporting the entire cow calf and yearling industries
- Buying feed grain and co-product from a variety of sources, enabling these industries to enjoy alternate markets for product
Championing a sustainable cattle feeding sector in Alberta.
Pursuing innovative and collaborative solutions for a thriving Alberta beef industry.
- Build ACFA membership by delivering value to our members
- Engage with the Government of Alberta to strengthen the health and vitality of the cattle feeding sector in Alberta
- Collaborate with partners to advance the industry
- Strengthen ACFA governance
Agriculture Business Risk Management program at Lethbridge College
ACFA is pleased to let you know Lethbridge College is now accepting applications for the Agriculture Business Risk Management program and is able to register students in modules for this fall.
The following courses are available starting October 1st:
• Effective Communication – AGB 1150
• Market Fundamentals – AGB 1162
• Government Policies Marketing – AGB 1163
• Currency – AGB 1160
• Introduction to Market Tools – AGB 1161
• Market Tools – AGB 1162
• Statistics for Agribusiness – AGB 1140
We encourage you to share this and/or apply and enroll: